Here is the News Snapshot of global economy, cryptocurrency, startup, banking, and investment:
- The global economy looks optimistic. Economic growth is even spotted around the world. Here’s how The New York Times put it: “A decade after the world descended into a devastating economic crisis, a key marker of revival has finally been achieved. Every major economy on earth is expanding at once, a synchronous wave of growth that is creating jobs, lifting fortunes and tempering fears of popular discontent.”
2. South East Asian leading mobile payment platform SpherePay is set to launch its own cryptocurrency in the coming few months. The Singapore founded, and homegrown company will introduce the world’s first shared economy blockchain platform in working partnership with ODYSSEY (OCN).
3. Joby Aviation, the US-based secretive aviation startup, announced that it raised $100 million from a group of various investors, including the venture capital arms of JetBlue, Intel, and Toyota. The fund will be utilized to aid the development of the company’s air taxi prototype.
4. The Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (AICB) conferred its Honorary Fellowship Award on His Excellency Chea Chanto, Governor of the National Bank of Cambodia, in recognition of his vision, leadership and dedication which transformed Cambodia’s banking industry. The Fellowship was awarded by AICB Chairman, Tan Sri Azman Hashim, FCB and witnessed by Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia, Tan Sri Muhammad bin Ibrahim, FCB.
5. Y Combinator, an American seed accelerator that has funded more than 1,588 startups all over the around world including Airbnb and Dropbox, recently introduced a new program called Startup Investor School. The accelerator wants more startup investors in the market and plans to train new investors through the new program. Attendees can join the program at Y Combinator’s office in Mountain View, CA or online for free.дешевые ноутбуки