• Group Profit Before Zakat and Tax rose 11.1% to RM273.6 million
• Pre-tax Return on Equity at 20.8%
• Pre-tax Return on Assets of 1.7%
• Bank Islam’s PBZT increased 7.9% to RM207.2 million
• Bank Islam’s net financing year-on-year grew 6.6%
• Takaful Malaysia’s PBZT grew 17.1% to RM84.9 million
BIMB Holdings Berhad (“BHB”), Malaysia’s premier Islamic financial services Group achieved a Profit Before Zakat and Tax (“PBZT”) of RM273.6 million for the first quarter ended 31 March 2018. (Q1 FY2018).
Encik Khairul Kamarudin, CEO of BHB said “Our PBZT represents a growth of 11.1% or RM27.4 million over the PBZT of RM246.2 million achieved in the corresponding period in 2017. The PBZT translates into an annualized pre-tax Return on Equity (“ROE”) of 20.8%, one of the highest in the industry. The annualized pre-tax Return on Assets (“ROA”) was 1.7%”.
In the period under review, net profit attributable to shareholders rose 13.9% or RM21.0 million to RM172.1 million, while earnings per share rose to 10.26 sen from 9.32 sen for the corresponding period last year.