Malaysian technology-based companies are growing from strength-to-strength with the help of experienced mentors and coaches from the Coach and Grow Programme (CGP).
The CGP is a public-private partnership between Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd (Cradle) and industry partner, Proficeo, and is designed to bring together key players in the entrepreneurial ecosystem to support and fortify technology entrepreneurs scale their businesses to greater heights.
The programme, which started in 2011, has helped 469 companies and 1,657 entrepreneurs to date. 103 companies completed the fourth Season of the programme which was concluded in October 2018. 64% of the companies participating in Season 4 are from the growth and global stages of growth while the remaining 36% were early-stage companies.
Proficeo co-founder and CEO Renuka Sena said, “Over the past 4 Seasons, we have coached technology companies from multiple industries and in Season 4, we also accepted brick and mortar companies who were looking at technology adoption strategies to grow their businesses. We track the growth of companies using their revenue and other business metrics to help them scale. The graduates from the CGP have collectively to date, generated RM2.034 Billion in revenue with many doubling their growth during and post Coaching.”
Acting Group Chief Executive Officer of Cradle, Razif Abdul Aziz said the CGP was instrumental in helping good companies become great performers and regional and global players.
AppCable Sdn Bhd, a CGP company this season is the leading provider of a great payment source for the parking industry introduces JomParking as the on-demand and prepaid mobile payments for the street parking using smartphones.
Muhamad Nasir Habizar, Founder of JomParking said, “During CGP program, the coaches taught us the best approach to manage both our product and consumers growth strategies.”
Another promising participant is the company behind online platform, Signature Snack Sdn Bhd.
Its Founder, Edwin Wang said, “During CGP, the coaches let us see a lot of possibilities beyond what we already had. There were many good strategies that may not be applicable immediately but what we learnt helped us build a 3-5 years plan with a clear idea of our growth possibilities.”
Those who are interested to join CGP may visit www.cgp.com.my for more information and to register your interest.