13 March 2020 – Total financial services industry deals for January 2020 worth $10.91bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 67.02% over the previous month and a drop of 61% when compared with the last 12-month average of $27.98bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 2.01% over the last 12-month average with 292 deals against the average of 298 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $6.35bn.
The top five Global financial services deals accounted for 59.5% of the overall value during January 2020.
The combined value of the top five financial services deals stood at $6.49bn, against the overall value of $10.91bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry deals of January 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Further Global Capital Management and Stone Point Capital’s $4.2bn private equity deal with Duff & Phelps
- The $863.69m acquisition of Caja de Seguros Reunidos, Compania de Seguros y Reaseguros by Helvetia Group
- Serengeti Asset Management’s $550m venture financing of SecFi
- The $476.89m acquisition of Sabadell Asset Management by Amundi
- Clearstream Banking’s acquisition of Fondcenter for $401.62m.