While most of us are worried about our own health, safety, and perhaps even our social lives. At the same time, many businesses small and big, restaurants and even market sellers are not just focused on simply sustaining their livelihood but wondering how to cater to the growing demands of their customers with the implemented MCO guidelines.
While some of us can go out to top up on dwindling supplies, there are those who may be housebound who may not be able to move about as conveniently.
So during these trying times, Grab has taken more steps towards supporting businesses and ensuring Malaysians are able to access even the smallest of necessity via their platform.
- Introducing GrabFood “Tapau” (a.k.a ‘Self-pickup’). Grab has launched a waitless, cashless (just pay with GrabPay via the app) and contactless ‘self-pickup’ option. This will not only help restaurants to generate more income, but also help customers save time and avoid crowds.
- Launching Pasar: Pasar, which is an extension of GrabMart, where its aim is to bring local markets’ freshest produce, poultry, meat and seafood to the Malaysian household. Currently, Grab has started with the historic TTDI Market.
- Expanding GrabMart: Since March 25th, GrabMart is available in Penang, JB, Melaka, KK, Kuching and Ipoh. Grab hopes to serve more homes with daily essentials, health products and immunity-boosters, sanitisers and even snacks and beverages.
- Offering discounts to boost local businesses: Grab is offering ‘Free Delivery’, 30% off GrabFood Signatures, and 50% off GrabMart’s health essentials. With this, every time someone within the community places an order, they are not only saving on their spending, but also supporting the livelihoods of merchants and delivery partners.
- Creating new income opportunities for ride-hailing drivers: Just as the nation’s delivery networks are strained by a spike in deliveries, a steep drop in the need for ride-hailing meant Grab needed to create new opportunities for their nation’s driver-partners. By day two of the MCO, Grab has already deployed tens of thousands of drivers nationwide to provide the highest levels of reliability for their Food, Mart and Delivery customers.
Read more: Asian Family Business and Family Office