SEOUL, 8 October 2021 – Samsung Electronics Co.Ltd. announced that it will hold the Samsung AI Forum 2021 online via its YouTube channel for two days from November 1 to November 2. Marking its fifth year, the forum gathers world-renowned academics and industry experts on artificial intelligence (AI) and serves as a platform for exchanging ideas, insights and the latest research findings, as well as a platform to discuss the future of AI.
Day 1: AI Research for Tomorrow
On Day 1, which will be hosted by Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT), Samsung’s R&D hub
dedicated to cutting-edge future technologies, Dr. Kinam Kim, Vice Chairman & CEO of Device Solutions at Samsung Electronics, will deliver the opening remarks. Under the theme, “AI Research for Tomorrow”, renowned AI experts will discuss various AI technologies and the research direction on AI – from fundamental research to its applications – including how AI research will impact other fields such as new material development and semiconductors.
Day 2: AI in a Human World
Day 2 sessions will be hosted by Samsung Research, the company’s advanced R&D hub that leads the development of future technologies for its Consumer Electronics division and IT & Mobile Communications division. Under the theme”AI in a Human World”, Dr. Sebastian Seung, President and Head of Samsung Research, will deliver the opening remarks, and AI experts who have been actively engaging in AI research activities worldwide will share their insights on the current status of AI and future research directions that will have an important impact on our lives.
The event will be open to anyone who is interested in AI. Registration is available through the Samsung AI Forum 2021 Website from October 6 to the respective event dates.
Day 1 Session Speakers
“Scalable and Sustainable AI Computing” session by:
– Professor Kunle Olukotun, Stanford University
– Andrew Feldman, CEO of Cerebras Systems
– Changkyu Choi, Corporate Senior Vice President of Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT)
“AI for Scientific Discovery” session by:
– Professor Gerbrand Ceder, University of California, Berkeley
– Bryce Meredig, CSO of Citrine Informatics
– Young Sang Choi, Corporate Vice President of SAIT
“Trustworthy Computer Vision” session by:
– Professor Antonio Torralba, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
– Daniel Bibireata, Vice President of Landing AI
– Jae-Joon Han, Vice President of Technology of SAIT
Day 2 Session Speakers
“Interpretability for Skeptical Minds” session by:
– Been Kim, Research Scientist at Google Brain
“Understanding Matter with Deep Learning” session by:
– Professor Max Welling, Amsterdam University and Lab Head of Microsoft Research Amsterdam