Great Eastern Group has launched “Live Great”, the first integrated health and wellness programme by an insurance company in the region, signalling a bold new direction for the life insurance industry.
Great Eastern’s “Live Great” programme stems from the company’s belief that there will never be another you to love your family as you can and that while life insurance is important, it can never replace what matters most to them.
The Live Great programme is targeted at helping Great Eastern customers turn their intentions into actions as they embark on their life journey to live better, healthier and longer. The comprehensive integrated programme comprises five core components to actively help customers and reward them.
The five components are:
• Wellness Tools. To date, we have developed 13 online tools, including the “Great Eastern Wellness Profiling” tool, which customers can use to conduct a simple health risk assessment to determine how they fare in terms of lifestyle and what actions to take to live better. Other tools include a BMI Calculator, Daily Calorie Needs Calculator and Body Fat Calculator.
• Health Tips. Great Eastern is working with specialised partners to provide health and wellness tips, articles and recipes; and this information is readily accessible through its dedicated Health and Wellness Portal livegreat.greateasternlife.com.
• Mobile Apps. Our first is the “Great Eastern 21 Days” App. Customers can download the app to help them create a new good habit over a 21-day period. The mobile app will remind them to act upon their intention, dedicated to the users’ loved ones, on a daily basis and also help track their progress. For example, individuals who want to lose weight can set up to three alarms a day before every meal to remind them to eat healthy.
• Workshops & Events. Great Eastern will continue to organise workshops and events relating to health and wellness throughout the year for our customers. Our flagship event, the “Great Eastern Women’s Run”, Asia’s largest women-only run, will be held on November 11, 2012. Through our sponsorship of the “Great Eastern-YEO’s S.League”, we aim to promote a healthy lifestyle among the community, in particular primary school children, through sports. Other examples include health fairs as well as lifestyle and wellness talks.
• Exclusive Privileges. Great Eastern customers will be eligible to join the Live Great loyalty programme. Members will enjoy exclusive health and wellness benefits and privileges at over 700 participating partner establishments across Southeast Asia.
Commented Group CEO Chris Wei: “We have gone beyond the traditional role of an insurance company. We believe that insurance can never replace what matters most to your family, which is you. To emphasise this message, we embarked on our ‘There Will Never Be Another You’ consumer campaign in the last two months where the key message is ‘each individual is unique and irreplaceable’. I’m delighted that the campaign has been well received. Our heart-warming commercial on Youtube attracted 150,000 views and our Facebook page attracted 30,000 Likes within a relatively short span of two months.
“With the launch of our unique Live Great programme, we are delivering on our promise to our customers to help them live healthier, better and longer. I would like to encourage our customers to leverage all aspects of our holistic Live Great programme and make full use of the wide-ranging practical tips and wealth of information and benefits to make life great for themselves.
“This is certainly a game changer for Great Eastern. I am confident the programme will enable us to not only deliver a unique customer experience but also enable us to better engage our four million customers every day. After all, we’re not just a life insurance company anymore. We’re a LIFE company.”